MITyou - Calling All MITYO Artists
Description: Design/Create a unique and personal interpretation of the MITYO logo. Design can be of any medium and any theme and may include a written description of no more than 500 words. Consider the representation of your personal style, and use of the MITYO logo, as well as a unique and novel approach to the MITyou.
Submission: Submissions must be digital. Submit your design no later than April 25th to email@example.com
Admission: You MUST be a MITYO Collective artist to take part in the contest. If you would like to become a MITYO artist its simple, email Josh Krouse at firstname.lastname@example.org to see how!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES. (IT’S ALL PRETTY MUCH BOILER PLATE STUFF…)
The MITyou competition is designed to encourage MITYO artists to use their creativity to create their own interpretation of the MITYO logo. Judges will choose the winning entries, and winner(s) will be chosen in accordance with these Official Rules
- BINDING AGREEMENT: In order to enter the Contest, you must agree to the Rules. Therefore, please read these Rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. You agree that submission of an entry in the Contest constitutes agreement to these Rules. You may not submit an entry to the Contest and are not eligible to receive the prizes described in these Rules unless you agree to these Rules. These Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and MITYO with respect to the Contest.
- ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter the Contest, you must be a MITYO artist and/or affiliated with MITYO.
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins on April 1, 2018, and ends on April 25th, 2018, 8:00pm ("Contest Period"). MITyous must be received by 11:59 pm April 25th.
- HOW TO ENTER: Send/submit MITyou contest image to email@example.com
- LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER ENTRANT. Subsequent entries will be disqualified. To be considered for the Contest, entries must be: (i) complete (as determined by MITYO); (ii) received by deadline. Machine or computer-generated mass entries will be disqualified. Any submission not meeting the aforementioned criteria will be disqualified.
MITyou REQUIREMENTS. The MITyou and supporting statements must meet the following criteria ("MITyou Requirements"):
- They must not be derogatory, offensive, threatening, defamatory, disparaging, libelous or contain any content that is inappropriate, indecent, sexual, profane, tortuous, slanderous, discriminatory in any way, or that promotes hatred or harm against any group or person, or otherwise does not comply with the theme and spirit of the Contest.
- They must not contain content, material or any element that is unlawful, or otherwise in violation of or contrary to all applicable federal, state, or local laws and regulation including the laws or regulations in any state where the MITyou and supporting statement are created.
- They must not contain any content, material or element that displays any third party advertising, slogan, logo, trademark, representation of characters indicating a sponsorship or endorsement by a third party, commercial entity or that is not within the spirit of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
- They must be original, unpublished works that does not contain, incorporate or otherwise use any content, material or element that is owned by a third party or entity.
- They cannot contain any content, element, or material that violates a third party's publicity, privacy or intellectual property rights.
- The MITyou is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim.
- The Entrant does not include any disparaging remarks relating to the Sponsor or a third party.
- The submitted MITyou is digital, is two-dimensional and scannable (e.g., no videos or GIFs, physical art)
- During the Contest Period, the Sponsor, its agents and/or the Judges (defined below) will be evaluating the MITyous and supporting statements to ensure that they meet the MITyou Requirements. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant who submits a MITyou and supporting statements that does not meet the MITyou Requirements. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Rules are subject to disqualification.
- JUDGING: Each MITyou will be evaluated and scored based on the following "Criteria": (i) artistic skills (ii) creativity and originality - considering the representation of your personal style, and use of the MITYO logo, as well as the unique and novel approach to the MITyou; (iii) communication of the Contest theme in both the drawing and supporting statement (iv) adherence to the MITyou Requirements and these Rules.
- Using the above Criteria, there will be several levels to the judging process, which are discussed below. There will be four (4) levels of judging that will result in finalists at each of the following levels: "State and Territory Winners", "National Finalists", and a "National Winner" as described in further detail below. For purposes of the state level judging, entries from students of foreign service abroad will be judged as coming from their home state.
- Decisions of the judges are final and binding.
- PRIZES: Become the Promoted featured artist on both our Instagram and website for 1 month following contest completion.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. MITYO reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant from the Contest if, in MITYO's sole discretion, it reasonably believes that the Entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants, MITYO, or the Judges.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS: As between MITYO and the Entrant, the Entrant retains ownership of all intellectual and industrial property rights (including moral rights) in and to their MITyou entry submission (excluding MITYO's rights in the MITYO and MITyou logo and trademark). As a condition of entry, Entrant grants MITYO a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, transferable, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, distribute, publicly perform, create a derivative work from, and publicly display the MITyou for any purpose, including display on the MITYO website, without any attribution or compensation to Entrant. Entries will not be returned. MITYO retains all rights in the MITYO products and services and entry into this Contest will in no case serve to transfer any MITYO intellectual property rights to the Entrant.
- PUBLICITY: By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to participate in any media or promotional activity resulting from the Contest as reasonably requested by MITYO. Names and entries that do not win will remain anonymous unless otherwise requested.